Happy November everyone!
I was just realizing that the previous Auction and Drawing order creation and checkout flow was a bit awkward. The system was creating separate orders for every Auction and Drawing listing as it ended, and then adding another order when the customer checked out. This left a lot of redundant orders in the system. I’ve changed the flow now so that Auction and Drawings create pending orders in the system when they end, similar to Buy Now pending orders. you can view your pending orders at the bottom of the Order History page. As customers check out, these pending orders should disappear and then show up in the regular order history. Hopefully, this will simplify the flow and make it more intuitive.
Please let me know if this change causes any confusion or difficulty.
I’m very excited to have you try the new image uploader now available on Single-user (HCMulti) stores. You’ll see it when you go to add or modify a listing. It should be very intuitive to use and also allows you to drag and drop images to re-order them. Please let me know if you have trouble with it. I’ve also enabled it temporarily for those who haven’t paid to host images on the HC server, just so you can get a taste for it.
If this testing phase goes well, I’ll roll it out to congos and Spots’ Corner.
If you have any trouble and need to go back to the old uploader, you can do that from the bottom two menu options under the “Product listings” header (the ones marked “old”.)
Sorry for the multiple emails. While performing the final sync this morning, the host found a few small differences between the data on the two servers and wanted to make sure those differences were ironed out before we complete the switch. Thus, the sync has been rescheduled one more time and will be performed early tomorrow morning.
Thanks again for your patience!
OK — the new server is looking good and we will be making the final sync in the early morning hours of Thursday, 10/22, starting at 1 am. The site will be unavailable for a few hours at that time, and then it may take several hours more for the new DNS entry to propagate over the web. Hopefully things will be up and running by the time people are awake for the day. There may be some hiccups in site functionality. Please report any issues on the Facebook page or via the helpdesk. Again, we’re very sorry for any disruptions / inconvenience due to the switch. We’ll be working to make it as smooth as possible.
Thanks everyone for using Hyena Cart!
The server migration is taking a little longer than planned, so we will do the final sync (which involves some downtime) later in the week. I promise it will be in the wee hours of the morning so will hopefully be as un-disruptive as possible. I’ll send out a note when I have a better idea of when it will happen. In the meantime, there will be no downtime tonight or tomorrow.
We’ll be experiencing some down time this Sunday, Oct. 18, as we move to a new server that’s a better fit for the site. Hopefully everything will be up and running by late morning, but there may be some delays as the IP information propagates across the web.
I apologize in advance for any disruptions in sales, etc. but please know that we’ll be working to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Just a quick note to let you know you can now search your order history by order # or product # in addition to customer name or email. You’ll see that update on the Order History link on your vendor pages.
To find the product # of your listing, you can go to the View / Edit Items page and see it listed at the far left.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Just a few quick updates for you:
- Several of you have requested this for a while and it’s finally been implemented: there’s now an option to download your order history with each item in the order broken out (previously the order simply showed total amount with no item details.) Look for the “Download order history with details” link on your Order History page to try it out.
- I’ve modified the Sponsored Shop pricing. It’s now a very affordable $1 per day. I hope this makes it a better option for you all.
- Finally, the mobile version of Hyena Cart was launched a few years back and in the interim, I didn’t realize how many people found it… let’s just say, not the best. I’d like to make the mobile site more usable for everyone. If you have suggestions on how to improve the mobile site, please leave comments below. I did make modifications to be compliant with Google’s mobile requirements and we now have the coveted “Mobile friendly” designation so the site won’t be penalized in mobile searches:
Just wanted to give you a quick update on a few items:
- We’ve just updated Spots’ Corner pricing to include direct image uploading the server for $2.50 per half-month (previously $3.50 per half month.)
- We’ve also updated the image upload code to allow images up to 5 Mb (previously 2Mb). The older limit made sense when cameras took smaller photos in general, but it was getting in the way for many people, especially those trying to upload images from phones / tablets.
Speaking of phones / tablets, we have a very exciting project in the works to make HC much more compatible and user friendly with mobile devices. Stay tuned! We’ll have more info towards the end of the month.
Thanks for shopping and selling on HC!
We’re continuing to tweak server settings to prevent crashed tables and also the calendar issues. We were recently contacted on the helpdesk and became aware that some of the high traffic stockings have been struggling for the past month or so. This information is extremely helpful and we’ve made more modifications with the help of this feedback. We really do want to make sure the site is running smoothly and doing what you need it to, to run your business, so if you could take a few minutes out of your busy schedule and drop us a line if you’re encountering issues, it will be extremely helpful.
We just made some changes today so, moving forward, if you:
- have a high-traffic stocking coming up
- are experiencing slow page loading / error messages
please email us at support [at] hyenacart.com and let us know.